We are continuing our Swimming with Dolphins series of conversations with Dr. Paul Kordis. Check back to the complete series.
Paul has been researching writing, and speaking to groups for over 20 years about the processes of profound change. He is a globally traveled speaker and seminar leader on futuristic, human development, change and other topics. He received his Ph.D. degree (with honors) in human capital and economic development from Colorado State University in May, 2008.
His 1,500-page dissertation is entitled “The Superhighway to Serfdom: How False-Social-Norms Marketing is Hijacking the American Dream.” He is a co-author (with Dudley Lynch) of the books The Strategy of the Dolphin: Scoring a Win in a Chaotic World, which has become a best seller, and Code of the Monarch: A Guide to the Real Global Business Revolution. He is also the author (with his wife, Susan) of the book Name Your Passion: A User’s Guide to Finding Your Personal Purpose.
Today’s conversation touches upon the following topics:
- Conscious consumption & investment
- Let’s all agree to work less
- Punishing the non-punisher
- Manipulation of symbols
- Any codification and shorthand is a gross overgeneralization
- Breaking the power of symbols – going to process thinking
- Linear & Systemic Thinking
- Majoring in minor things
- Decision making & decision systems
- Cannot make a true transformation without entering the people’s map first
- Knowing your board of directors
- Life is more complex than we would like it to be
Post a Comment