We are continuing our series of podcasts dedicated to the exploration of the body, the somatic disciplines and the underlying principles. This is the second of the two introductory episodes, laying out the context, the definitions, and some of the foundations of the main body of the series.
- Somatic journey
– Stages of learning a somatic discipline
– Stage 1: not fitting, feeling clumzy, no idea what I’m doing. Excitement and fear.
– Stage 2: surviving, staying through
– Stage 3: competition
– Stage 4: mastery – competition with yourself, precision
– Stage 5: spirituality and sharing – transpersonal discoveries, teaching others. You don’t do it, you are it.