Happy New Year 2009 to all of you!
As the founders of RCG, we have gone a long way, and sometimes,
looking back, it is hard to recognize the people we were just over two
years ago. And yet, as we look forward, we see that the journey has
but just begun.
In the coming year, we have a whole bunch of podcasts already lined up
for you as gifts from the Radical Change Group, and from the people
and practitioners who are working with us, and through us, in bringing
this to you.
The coming year will see some exciting topics that the three of us
cover – the original trio of the three friends.
In addition, we’ll be introducing some new conversations. Some
highlights of the topics include:
- The talks on Shamanism with Ismana
- On 5Rhythms dancing with the originator of the 5Rhythms Gabrielle Roth
- Continuing our conversations on the strategy of the dolphin with Paul
- Speaking about a form of theatre known as ParaTheatre with Antero Alli
- Mythology with Paul Rebillot
And we’re going to have a new focus on a few other areas, such as the works of Buckminster Fuller that impacted us deeply, and the work of Joseph Campbell and Richard Roberts.
We are also going to have more regular blog posts on our webpage – please visit us, read it, and if you like it – share it with your friends, and help us spread the word.
Why are we doing it?
In the spirit of Positive Deviance, because some things need to be done – to cause both societal and personal change. The key questions that we ask are:
- What if… Transformational teachings were given as gifts, rather than traded for money?
- What if… You had access to iconoclasts and change makers on-demand, rather than at their limited availability?
- What if… The conversations were spontaneous, open, and emergent, rather than scripted, dogmatic, and dry?
- What if… Change was approached holistically, through the synthesis of many streams of thought?
- What if… The project was based on a sense of contribution to a vibrant community of like minded individuals?
The Gift Economy
This is a whole notion that we have started with the RCG. We want to get involved – help us shape what is becoming a shared gift, a shared reality, and also for you to take charge and shape it in your own ways.
Currently, we have two more projects going:
For both of them, our goal is to restore these tapes and videos, digitize them for the modern media, and distribute it across the World for free. We need your help here, we need you get involved, in any way possible.
We also have a Listener’s Survey – please take a minute to fill it out, so we know what resonates with you and what doesn’t, and how we can improve this.
[techtags: Radical Change Group, Transformation, Gift Economy, New Year, Shamanism, Ismana, 5Rhythms, Gabrielle Roth, Mythology, Paul Rebillot, Joseph Campbell, Strategy of the Dolphin, Paul Kordis, ParaTheatre, Antero Alli, Positive Deviance, Buckminster Fuller]