We are continuing our conversations with Dr. Paul Kordis. Paul has been researching writing, and speaking to groups for over 20 years about the processes of profound change. He is a globally traveled speaker and seminar leader on futuristic, human development, change and other topics. He received his Ph.D. degree (with honors) in human capital and economic development from Colorado State University in May, 2008.
His 1,500-page dissertation is entitled “The Superhighway to Serfdom: How False-Social-Norms Marketing is Hijacking the American Dream.” He is a co-author (with Dudley Lynch) of the books The Strategy of the Dolphin: Scoring a Win in a Chaotic World, which has become a best seller, and Code of the Monarch: A Guide to the Real Global Business Revolution. He is also the author (with his wife, Susan) of the book Name Your Passion: A User’s Guide to Finding Your Personal Purpose.
Today’s conversation touches upon the following topics:
- Spheres of human influence
- Individual behavior
- Social & organizational
- Political & Economic
- Spiritual / philosophical / ethical
- Political has built a wall from spiritual, so it cannot influence other spheres. Ideally, our decisions have to be based on the common ethics, which now becomes hard. Example: US foreign policy.
- Spirituality is simple and practical
- Leadership and organizational development
- Know where you are, where you’re going, and how do you get there
- US founding documents – we just forgot to follow the map
- Natural generosity and good will
- We’ve unlearned basic values
- We need to expand our sphere of perception. Need to know the problem first.
- Our brains are preoccupied with commercials and other noise
- Expand our view of time. Learn history.
- Expand our sphere of influence.
- Expanding one’s perception without expanding one’s sphere of influence quickly follows by depression
- Purpose and passion
- Who do I want to become?
- What are my core competencies?
- Combining the two together, what opportunities present themselves for me to move forward?
- Think future (or historically), act now. The axis of expanding perception runs both ways.
- Globalization and localization
- Understanding ourselves
- Movie: Lars and the Real Girl
- Transforming oneself while transforming something outside
- Schizophrenia as a heroic journey
- Concepts across disciplines
- If you study any discipline deep enough, you come to the same conclusions
- We adapt to systemic views
[techtags: Paul Kordis, Dolphins, Social Norm Marketing, Syntropy, Spheres of Human Influence, Generosity, Purpose, Passion, Globalization, Localization, NLP]
Post a Comment