We are happy to have David Neenan again in our studio, this time talking about Buckminster Fuller – a truly renaissance man of the 20th century.
David Neenan is the creator of the pioneering Archistruction(R) process for planning, designing, and managing building construction projects. As president of The Neenan Company, he has combined leading-edge information processing and design methods and innovative “people” approaches to reengineer how the construction process works from conception to completion. His company uses the Archistruction methods to design and costruct office, medical, retail, and light industrial buildings for clients throughout the Rocky Mountain region from offices in Fort Collins, Denver, and Colorado Springs. David is also a nationally recognized seminar leader, keynode speaker, business consultant, and the author of books such as “Evergreen” and “No Excuses: be the hero of your own life”. He has produced his “Business & You” and other seminars in Colorado, Hawaii, California, Texas, Vermont, Taiwan, Sweden, Moscow, and Siberia. He and his wife, Sharon, live in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Introduction to Bucky
- The collapsing dome story
- Simple concepts, but they are not easy
- If they are lost – help them, but if they are losers – don’t
- Miopic kindness and wise kindness
- Communicating with mood
- The Four Points of Bucky
- 1. Integrity
- Human beings are patterns of integrity
- Tell the truth – not the absolute Truth, but your own truth of the moment
- 2. Daring
- Dare not to go with the crowd, but go with your own ideas
- Standing up against the crowd – one of the biggest principles
- 3. Network
- Acceleration of Technology towards Abundance
- “You are network. Declare it, live it, learn to be with others, and grow from it”.
- 4. Love
- Stay with your integrity, dare to go with your own mind, network with other people of like minds, and love comprehensively.
- 1. Integrity
Post a Comment