Today we are going to introduce you to Dr. Paul Kordis. Paul has been researching writing, and speaking to groups for over 20 years about the processes of profound change. He is a globally traveled speaker and seminar leader on futuristic, human development, change and other topics. He received his Ph.D. degree (with honors) in human capital and economic development from Colorado State University in May, 2008.
His 1,500-page dissertation is entitled “The Superhighway to Serfdom: How False-Social-Norms Marketing is Hijacking the American Dream.” He is a co-author (with Dudley Lynch) of the books The Strategy of the Dolphin: Scoring a Win in a Chaotic World, which has become a best seller, and Code of the Monarch: A Guide to the Real Global Business Revolution. He is also the author (with his wife, Susan) of the book Name Your Passion: A User’s Guide to Finding Your Personal Purpose.
Today’s conversation touches upon the following topics:
- Spreading genes, memes, and phemes
- Older and younger generations have been cut apart
- On existence of evil in the world
- Default mode is entropy; it requires effort to go on syntropic way
- Looking for an edge over others
- Direction of NLP: progression AND regression (standardization, certification)
- Started out as modeling others. Presupposition – “I’m not good enough”.
- Our approach – start out from my (individual) own uniqueness
- Social Norm Marketing
- Book “Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness” by Richard H. Thaler (Author), Cass R. Sunstein
- Small changes – healthy food closer to the entrance of the cafeteria, organ donors by default (unless opted out), publish your neighbors’ energy use in the bill. “Social norms marketing”.
- Binge drinking reduction through social norm marketing (how much do you drink & how much do you think others drink)
- False social norm marketing – providing distractions to people, making them think their opinion is in minority, and voicing it is dangerous. Example: gay rights and abortions in religious rights. People are making decisions out of fear.
- The “Little Bang” – Life.
- Universe is entropic, but life is syntropic. See yodolphin.com for an article.
- 3 axis: Entropy-Syntropy, Love-Fear (life-death), Isolation-Connectivity
- The US in the last 40 years has been moving to entropy/fear/isolation. Not a good sign.
- How one handles novelty determines other dimensions
[techtags: Paul Kordis, Dolphins, Strategy of The Dolphin, Code of the monarch, Social Norm Marketing, Little Bang, Syntropy, NLP]
Post a Comment