Flow is the mental state of operation in which the person is fully immersed in what he or she is doing by a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity. Proposed by positive psychologist Mihály Csíkszentmihályi, the concept has been widely referenced across a variety of fields.
Colloquial terms for this or similar mental states include: to be on the ball, in the zone, or in the groove. (Wikipedia).
This episode covers the following topics:
- What is flow?
- Our experiences of flow for the first time
- Arman – high school math team
- Sergey – dance, since being a kid
- M – flow is magic; martial arts – after a lot of training
- What is the structure to your flow?
- Self-modeling (as opposed to modeling someone else)
- Common components:
- Time distortion
- Elite performance
- Building the capacity for holding the flow
- How and when to apply the flow?
[techtags: flow, zone, peak state, elite performance, groove, resonance, time distortion]