We are continuing our conversations with our teacher and friend Paul Rebillot on the topic of the Healing Theatre – the combination of acting and drama, mythology, gestalt therapy, and rituals. For more information about Paul and his work, please visit his website – Direct Impact Creativity.
In this episode, Paul explains the structure and design of Rites of Passage, or the Rituals of Transformation.
The topics covered in this talk are:
- How do you know it’s time for the rite of passage
- Putting “blood” (life) back into the ritual
- Lack of rituals in the modern society
- There are no rituals for crossing age thresholds – people want to stay young and don’t appreciate their own age
- Making rites of passages in everyday life