We are continuing our Swimming with Dolphins series of conversations with Dr. Paul Kordis. Check back to the previous episode (#93) of the series, or start with the first episode (#52) , if you haven’t heard it yet.
Paul has been researching writing, and speaking to groups for over 20 years about the processes of profound change. He is a globally traveled speaker and seminar leader on futuristic, human development, change and other topics. He received his Ph.D. degree (with honors) in human capital and economic development from Colorado State University in May, 2008.
His 1,500-page dissertation is entitled “The Superhighway to Serfdom: How False-Social-Norms Marketing is Hijacking the American Dream.” He is a co-author (with Dudley Lynch) of the books The Strategy of the Dolphin: Scoring a Win in a Chaotic World, which has become a best seller, and Code of the Monarch: A Guide to the Real Global Business Revolution. He is also the author (with his wife, Susan) of the book Name Your Passion: A User’s Guide to Finding Your Personal Purpose.
Today’s conversation touches upon the following topics:
- Choosing the change
- At level 7, change becomes autogenic and conscious
- Learning to learn
- Solutions at one level are the problems of the next
- Or, as Joseph Campbell put it, “Gods of one level are demons of the next”
- Progress and Regress
- Transitions may happen backwards, to the lower levels
- Previous value systems are necessary for the higher ones to emerge